AIACC Design Course #aeck-SD109: Climate Action Part 2: Implementation Strategies
Presented by: Subject matter experts from Architecture 2030, City of Campbell, Siegel & Strain Architects, and Integral Group
AIA/CES (HSW) Learning Units: 1.0 Hours
Please log in to view the course.
Course release date: September, 2019.
Part 2 of this day-long workshop, hosted by the AIA California Board of Directors, provides more in-depth insights into the ZERO Code and opportunities for architects to engage in policy discussions and the code development process, strategies for reducing embedded carbon in our built environment, and examples of zero net carbon buildings.
The course concludes with an overview of opportunities and impediments that attendees identified for adopting the Zero Code and how individual architects, firms and AIA chapters can proactively respond to climate change.
• Liz Gibbons, AIA, Councilmember, City of Campbell
• Ed Mazria, FAIA, Hon. FRAIC, Architecture 2030 Founder and CEO
• Charles Eley, FAIA, PE, Architecture 2030 Senior Fellow
• Larry Strain, FAIA, LEED AP, Principal, Siegel & Strain Architects
• John Andary, PE, LEED AP, Senior Principal, Bioclimatic Design Leader, Integral Group
This course is offered FREE courtesy of AIA California. Simply sign in and register for the course.