Metropolis Think Tank: HDR & Kaiser Permanente – Wellness vs Healthcare
Presented by: Susan S. Szenasy, Metropolis, HDR and Kaiser Permanente
AIA/CES (HSW) Learning Units: 1.75 Hours
Course release date: February, 2017.
In this 90-minute panel discussion, filmed live as part of Metropolis Magazine’s ThinkTank – The Human Factor series, Susan Szenasy, Publisher / Editor in Chief of Metropolis, moderates a lively conversation with thought leaders from HDR and from healthcare provider Kaiser Permanente, to discuss overcoming challenges of moving healthcare towards the business of wellness and keeping people healthy.
In this two-part conversation, the panelists discuss a paradigm shift in care that results in a rather different experience for both the healthcare industry and people seeking care. The second part builds on this shift, and follows the resulting transformation in how the design and building of healthcare facilities emphasize connections, both to community and nature, empower patients with choices, create collaborative workspaces and weave in experiences from the retail industry to create facilities that are innovative in layout, look and intent.
• Kate Diamond, FAIA, LEED AP, Design Principal, HDR
• David Grandy, FACHE, Director, Strategic Innovations, HDR
• Lee Quinch, regional strategy Kaiser Permanente
• Dr. Nolan Chang, Primary Care Physician, Kaiser Permanente Co-Lead Health Innovation Team, Southern California
• Jodie Lesch, Sr. Vice President, Strategic Planning & New Ventures, Kaiser Permanente
• Sunil Shah, Executive Director, Kaiser Permanente National Facilities Services
Individual Course Price: $40
Series Price: SAVE MORE THAN 30% when purchasing the six-course series!)